Ms. Lyon became Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada on April 28, 2014.
Her previous assignments include:
- Associate Deputy Minister, Environment Canada (2011-2014);
- Associate Deputy Minister, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (2009-2011);
- Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic and Program Policy, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (2008-2009).
Prior to the above assignments, Ms. Lyon held various positions at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade including:
- Chief Trade Negotiator, North America (2006-2008);
- Director General of the North America Trade Policy Bureau and Canada's North American Free Trade Agreement Coordinator (2003-2006);
- Director of the Tariffs and Market Access Division (1999-2003);
- Director of the Services Trade Policy Division (1996-1999); and
- Acting Director and Deputy Director of the United States Trade Relations Division (1993-1996).
Ms. Lyon is the Deputy Minister University Champion for the University of Manitoba and the University of Winnipeg and the Deputy Minister Champion for the Community of Federal Regulators.
- Date modified: