Federal programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The following federal programs will be in place by April 1, 2018. Federal program details and application forms will be available in early 2018.
- Aims to increase and diversify exports to international markets and seize market opportunities through industry-led promotional activities that differentiate Canadian products and producers, and leverage Canada's reputation for high quality and safe food. The program is for national industry associations and small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Supports the markets and trade priority by assisting industry-led efforts to help the agriculture and agri-food sector leverage, coordinate and build on existing capacity, enhance safety, adapt to changing commercial and regulatory environments, share best practices, and provide mentorship opportunities.
- Designed to accelerate the pace of innovation by supporting pre-commercialization activities and investing in cutting-edge research to benefit the agricultural and agri-food sector. Within the Program there are two components: Clusters and Projects.
Applications for the Clusters component are now being accepted. Industry groups interested in submitting an application are encouraged to call 613-759-1977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will accelerate the commercialization and/or adoption of innovative agri-based products, technologies, processes or services. The program will support agribusinesses to get their innovations into the market, or to adopt leading edge technologies and processes.
- Will strengthen the sector and build its capacity by: helping diverse groups to take a greater leadership role, building the entrepreneurial capacity and business skills of under-represented groups (such as indigenous communities, youth, women and persons with disabilities), facilitating the sharing of industry experience, best practices and knowledge, help under-represented groups to manage transformation, and strengthen the sector by incorporating the views of a more diverse set of industry players.
- Will enable industry to make meaningful and verifiable claims about the health and safety of Canadian agricultural products. It will also build industry capacity to increase public confidence in the food system, respond to market requirements and meet consumer demand. The program is for national industry associations and small and medium-sized enterprises.
Learn more about the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
- Date modified: