Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) for Agri-Food Exporters
The Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) will help Canadian exporters access European Union (EU) agri-food markets. CETA will give you an advantage over competitors in countries that do not have free trade agreements in force with the EU.
How does CETA support companies across Canada?
Once implemented, CETA will help bridge the gap between Canadian companies and the EU's 510 million consumers. It can support you by:
- Reducing or eliminating tariffs on products imported into the EU
- Improving and expanding market access for Canadian products
- Providing a competitive advantage with preferential access to EU markets
Find more details and learn about how CETA is a progressive agreement for a strong middle class.
What does CETA mean for the Canadian agriculture and food sector?
These sector factsheets and infographics provide information outlining how CETA creates opportunities for Canadian exporters of agriculture and food products originating in Canada.
Factsheets – Find key tariff reduction, rule of origin and product classification information
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Berries
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Cereal Preparations
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Confectionery Products
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Pet Food Products
- Enhanced Opportunities in the EU for Canadian Processed Pulse Products
Infographics - Quickly understand how CETA's tariff reductions can impact your exports
- Pet food
- Processed cereals
- Frozen shrimp
- Live lobster
- Frozen herring
- Maple syrup
- Sweetened dried cranberries
- Processed pulse products
How should you get ready to export your agri-food products to the EU?
Learn about EU market opportunities and sector trends at agriculture and food market intelligence – Europe.
Visit export agriculture and food products from Canada to find relevant resources and support for exporters.
Canadian opportunities in the European Union
Find strengths, opportunities and challenges for Canada in the largest market in the world! Check out our new report.
Do you still have questions about the market opportunities available through CETA?
Contact the Market Access Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Interested in learning about financial support to help expand your exports to the EU?
Funding is available to small or medium-sized companies for export initiatives. Find out how the AgriMarketing Program can help you.
- Date modified: