The agri-food sector includes: food, beverage and food ingredients, processing, packaging, distribution, and consumption. Agriculture and Agri-food Canada provides expertise, infrastructure, and leadership in food innovation (food and health, food processing and food attributes) and food safety.
Learn about what we’ve been up to...
- A low glycemic potato expands the menu for diabetics
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada supports innovation by joining Global Open Data Initiative
- Barley is 'in' when it comes to heart health
- Brave the cold weather with oats!
- Bug-fix for stored grain
- DNA barcoding - Science helping farmers identify friend from foe
- DNA barcoding (video)
- Fatal attraction: companion planting technique controls wireworms in potatoes
- Geomatics: We’ve got a map for that
- Hot potatoes (video)
- Lactofermentation for vegetables (video)
- Largest soil study in Canada shows simple yet profound discovery
- Lingonberries: More good news for this rising star in the "super" food market
- Lure of the lingonberry: Win-Win for northern agriculture and heart health
- Pilot plant program (video)
- Safer meat for Canadians
- Science versus nature: The battle of keeping fruit and veggies fresh and delicious
- Seabuckthorn – Healthy opportunity
- The IViDiS: an artificial stomach that assesses foods (video)
- Yellow pea protein (video)
- Date modified: