Dairy, Pork, Poultry and other Livestock
The dairy, pork, poultry, and other livestock strategy concentrates on the needs and research capacity of the sectors from production through product quality assessment (milk, meat), and includes on-farm revenue-generating activities such as the production of bio-energy from manure. This strategy also encompasses other livestock systems such as: turkey, laying hens, eggs, goats, etc.
Learn about what we’ve been up to...
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Explores Ways to Improve Preserving Bovine Eggs
- Cranberries may boost broiler chicken immunity
- Custom Hog Feeding (video)
- Deodorizing pig manure with a slurry bioreactor!
- Discovery could lead to drought-resistant alfalfa
- If you eat grain-fed veal, thank the Dairy and Swine Research and Development Centre!
- It is a proven fact that vitamin B12 is better absorbed from cow's milk
- Improving Hog Wellbeing (video)
- New approach to feeding cows benefits both farmers and the environment
- Optimizing pig feeding: Win-win for both producers and the environment
- Poultry Vitrification: Keeping the Flock Diverse
- Probiotics’ anti-inflammatory effects could improve livestock intestinal health
- Reducing greenhouse gases in dairy production (video)
- Sweet Twist on Silage Making Pays Off
- Switching cows to a different feed can reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Date modified: