Forages and Beef
The forages and beef strategy considers the needs and research capacity of the sector from beef production through to meat quality; as well as the production of native and tame forages (plants eaten by grazing livestock) for export and domestic use.
Learn about what we’ve been up to...
- A Gut Reaction: Yeast-eating bacteria provide key to human and animal intestinal health
- A Natural Turbo Boost for Newly Cleared Land
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Explores Ways to Improve Preserving Bovine Eggs
- Ahead of the herd in cutting cattle carbon (video)
- Discovery could lead to drought-resistant alfalfa
- Foraging into the Future
- Frozen dinners for cattle: swath grazing saves time and money
- Grass Fed Beef (video)
- Grazing Response Index: How Healthy Are your Grazing Lands?
- Sainfoin – A New Light is Shone on an Old Forage Plant
- Swath Grazing (video)
- Sweet Twist on Silage Making Pays Off
- Wood Chip vs. Barley Straw Livestock Bedding: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Researchers Share Findings from Thirteen-year Study
- Date modified: